Photos: Ger Lewis
Words: Anthony Guerra
Big Lips, big butt, tons of “paint” on their face; girls today are trying to be like Kylie, but I say we need to be more like Kyle. He too has big lips and a big butt, errr rather his car does. 19×10 & 19×11 wide SSR SP1’s with a negative offset boast big lips with an INGS +1 duckbill spoiler & Amuse rear bumper add-on accentuates the 350Z’s big rear end. Those astute gearheads among you will also notice that Kyle’s 350Z isn’t a factory red, instead its painted a different shade of red, much like Kylie’s lips on any given weekend.
All this is however is just the tip of the iceberg, so we’ll cut the Jenner references and get to it!
Over the years, Ger and I have known Kyle from car meets and car shows, and his car has been constantly evolving. It seems Kyle is always striving to be better, from the days we’ve known him with a plasti-dipped car on Zedd wheels to how it is now, his car never disappoints.
Kyle’s car isn’t just all show and no go. His 350Z sports Injen SP dual cold air intakes, Motordyne HR Art pipes, Motordyne XYZ pipe w/ straight pipe module, TopSpeed Pro N-1 catback exhaust and most importantly a protune. All of these pieces push his naturally aspirated 350Z to a respectible 302WHP/261WTQ.
Helping Kyle stop all that power is a set of custom powder coated Brembo brakes paired with drilled & slotted rotors and Hankook Ventus V12 tires.
Often overlooked is the engine bay, but Kyle checks all the boxes when it comes to having a show car, dressing his engine bay with various carbon fiber bits and rare JDM parts.
The most striking piece of his carbon fiber fetish is his VIS Terminator GT carbon fiber hood, which he installed just a few hours prior to our shoot!
The hood flows well with the carbon fiber roof, and roof spoiler.
….and side mirrors.
Another remarkable aspect of Kyle’s 350Z is the way it sits.
His perfect fitment is courtesy of plethora suspension pieces: Airlift performance air struts, Accuair E-Level management, Accuair I-Level components, SPC front upper control arms, SPC rear camber arms and SPC rear toe bolts.
A very clean and simple bag set up brings us to inside of the 350Z, which is stunning.
Braum Racing Elite-X reclinable seats strapped with Takata Race black 4-point harnesses are a breath of fresh air from the typical Bride and green Takada combo, so often seen at car shows.
The rest of his interior is fantastic as well, with custom painted trim pieces, PBM shift knob and a Pioneer head unit just to name a few items.
Kyle is the real deal, a down to earth humble guy with a solid build, who works hard and pays for quality parts. It appears simple, but today it seems like its something that is seldom found in a car scene riddled with rep wheels, cut corners and half-assed show cars. That is why we say: #BeLikeKyle.
– Custom paint
– Shaved rear wiper & antenna
– Nismo front bumper
– VIS Terminator GT carbon fiber hood
– Voltex side skirts
– JDM clear front bumper reflectors
– Custom retrofitted headlights
– CF fender emblems
– CF door handle covers
– CF B-pillars
– CF mirror covers & mirror bases
– Asuka CF roof
– CF roof spoiler
– INGS +1 duckbill spoiler
– Amuse rear bumper add-on
– APR Performance CF rear license plate backing
– Braum Racing Elite-X reclinable seats
– Kirk Racing roll bar with optional X-brace
– Takata Race black 4-point harnesses
– Momo Eagle steering wheel
– NRG quick release & short hub
– Powered By Max shift knob
– Custom painted interior trim
– Alpine INE-W957HD
– Powerbass door speakers & tweeters
– Powerbass amp
– Custom powder coated Brembo brakes w/ drilled & slotted rotors
– Injen SP dual cold air intakes
– Motordyne HR Art pipes
– Motordyne XYZ pipe w/ straight pipe module
– TopSpeed Pro N-1 catback exhaust
– Protune with Osiris UpRev from Rob at Z Car Garage in San Jose, CA 302WHP/261WTQ
Wheels & suspension:
– SSR SP1 spectrum silver (19×10/19×11)[f&r negative offsets] – Hankook Ventus V12’s
– Powered By Max gold plated lug nuts
– Airlift performance air struts
– Accuair E-Level management
– Accuair I-Level components
– SPC front upper control arms
– SPC rear camber arms
– SPC rear toe bolts
– CF battery & brake fluid covers
– CF radiator cooling panel
– Seibon CF VQ35HR engine cover
– Mishimoto upper & lower radiator hoses
– HKS limited edition oil filler cap
– HKS limited edition radiator cap
A big thanks to Kyle for letting us feature his car, follow his build at @Kyle_OMGZ33